Hi! My name is Xiaodong Zhang.
I’m currently a 1st year master student in Computer Science at Brown University, and expected to graduate on May 2020. My study focuses on software systems, operating systems, and I’m also trying to take more courses related to data science and machine learning.
Before I came to Brown, I’ve been working at Shanghai Pudong Development Bank (SPDB) as a software engineer for 4 years. Our team takes responsibility for all frontend systems for bank tellers. It is a group of seven systems, and most of them are based on .Net Framework 4.0. My job includes developing new features in these systems, discussing with business colleagues, evaluating the practicability and workload of implementing new features in our systems. My job at SPDB broadened my skills in software architecture and helped me to form a complete understanding of requirement analysis, design, development, and testing phases.
I’ve got a CS Master’s degree and CS Bachelor’s degree at Harbin Institute of Technology. During that period, my study focused on entity resolution. I did research on e-commerce data, and published a demo on SIGIR2013.
After 10-years studying and using computer science technologies, I broadened my technology skills from frontend to backend, and expanded these knowledge base from high tech to finance. I’m experienced in programming with C/C++ and Python, and skilled in using Linux and Windows.
Now I’m taking more courses to deepen my understanding of system performance. I want to be a system architect responsible for building large-scale computational systems
I am currently living in Providence, Rhode Island
You can reach me by
- Sept. 2018 - Present, M.S. in Computer Science, Brown University (anticipated graduation: May. 2020)
- Sept. 2012 - July. 2014, M.S. in Computer Science, Harbin Institute of Technology
- Sept. 2010 - Jan. 2011, B.S. in Computer Science, Harbin Institute of Technology
- Aug. 2008 - July. 2012, Exchange program, National Cheng Kung University
Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, R&D Center, Aug. 2014 - Aug. 2018
Worked in a group responsible for front-end systems (FES) for bank tellers.
1 Project of Upgrading Branch Application
- Led 39 branches migrating 1200+ applications to the new front-end system, accelerated this task with 40\%. which saved 3 million RMB for development.
- Designed a base class handling communication, devices and authorization for branch applications.
- Developed a plug-in for VS2010 which automatically translates part of a C application to a new one in C#, and also developed a website based on Django for management. Developers use this website to deploy their new applications.
2 Front-End System For Chinese Mainland
- Worked with business colleagues to discuss new features related to FES, including login, logout, interactions with other systems, and reconciliation between FES and third-party systems. Implemented , tested, and deployed these features.
3 Teller Fingerprint System
- Connected Teller Fingerprint System to the Enterprise Service Bus to serve all systems in our bank.
- Implemented batch jobs to synchronize teller information from the unified authentication system.
- Programming Languages: C/C++, Python, Linux Shell, SQL, C#
- Technologies: Linux, Windows Server, .Net Framework, django, SQL Server
- Hongzhi Wang, Xiaodong Zhang, Jianzhong Li, Hong Gao. ProductSeeker: entity-based product retrieval for e-commerce. in 36th international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval(SIGIR2013)